#1 Windows tricks : Lock a Folder in Windows XP
To Lock a folder in windows XP without any software. Follow the steps Below.
- Make a Folder in C drive rename it as "abc" without quotes.
- Now open Command Prompt from Start Menu.
- Type "attrib +s +h C:\abc" without quotes and press enter.
- This command will Make your folder invisble and it can not be seen even in hidden files and folders
- To make it visible again type "attrib -s -h C:\abc"
- You can lock any other folder also by changing the location C:\abc to address of your folder.
#2 Windows Tricks and Shortcuts
- To boost performance of your PC or to increase RAM virtually,
Right click on My Computer Icon on Desktop
>> Go to Properties
>> Go to Advanced
>> Go to Performance - Settings
>> Go to Advanced
>> Go to Virtual Memory - Change
Keep the initial size same as recommended and maximum size double of
it then restart your system.
It will improve speed of windows and you can play some games which
require higher RAM.
- To Minimise all the application and running windows press the "Windows + M " key together.
#3 Windows Tricks : Changing Startup and Log-off screens
- Create a 320x400 bitmap in the root directory and name it LOGO.SYS
- You can use LOGOW.SYS file in the Windows directory as a starter
- There are many system file that constitutes Lofoff screen.
- They are actually bitmaps 320x400 that just have a different extension
- The hidden file in the root directory LOGO.SYS is the startup logo.
- There are two files in the Windows directory.
- LOGOW.SYS is the Wait while Shutting down ... screen.
- LOGOS.SYS is the You may now shut-off or Reboot screen.
- Make two new image files of your chice in Paint and name it as LOGOW.SYS and LOGOS.SYS and replce the actual windows file by this two.
- But make sure they should be of the same size